Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Twenty Two and Good News

Twenty two. That is how old I am! Gross! I suppose it could be, and will be worse in less than 365 days.

I did have a great birthday and I had no problem letting Jacob spoil me. My day started out on the right foot with my first and only class that day canceled. I decided to go to work to let Jacob study and it turned out to be an awesome day at work. My supervisor Kriss bought a beautiful cake for me and everybody sang Happy Birthday. I felt very celebrated and I got to keep the rest of the cake. It was delicious.

Jacob picked me up from work and we went back to our apartment so I could change. He surprised me with a decorated living room with streamers and a balloon. He also wrapped up curtains he bought for our bathroom window and a curtain rod. Sounds like a funny birthday present, but its exactly what I wanted! Then we headed to Idaho Falls to get my free birthday burger from Red Robin. I don't remember eating at Red Robin before so I was hesitant, but I was impressed. The waiters sang to me and gave us a free Sundae. Then we browsed the mall. Jacob bought shorts and I bought pants.

All in all a very good birthday despite feeling too old. Thank you to everyone who called and sent cards. That is what really makes me feel special on my birthday.

In other events, I received the job I applied for! After the interview I felt like a complete idiot. They looked so bored while we were talking and I was depressed the whole night. I just couldn't shake that bad interview off. But the owner called me today and offered the position. They are willing to work around my schooling for the rest of the semester. Horay! So, I, Kate Curtis, am the Office Manager at Western Fence. Not too shabby for a 22 year old. Not the most glamorous job, but definitely a job that suits me.

1 comment:

The Pixton Family said...

Congrats on the job and Happy B-day!