Thursday, November 10, 2011

Bad News, Good News

Hopefully my next post will be a big announcement, but for now, I will just update how I am... or am not... progressing.

I get uncomfortable announcing my effacement and dilation and all that sort of thing, even to my mom, so sorry if I am vague and you're into that sort of thing.

At my 39 week appointment the doctor got me all excited with my progress, the baby's head was down and she made it sound like I was progressing nicely. Then I went in on Monday for my 40 week appointment and nothing had changed at all, despite a jog I took on Saturday. I must have looked pretty ridiculous. The teenagers doing yard work did not attempt to divert their stares at all. Anyways, the doctor actually told me that the stage I was at was considered "unfavorable." At the time I was able to laugh about it, but she did do some poking around to help move things along. So after that depressing news, Jacob's mom treated me nd Jacob to my favorite drink from Starbucks... grande size. Salted Caramel Chocolate Frappuccino with salted caramel on the top AND the bottom. Thanks for the tip from my cousin Liz. The Iced Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate is really good too. I just think you get more drink from the frappuccino... truly delicious. I get all giggly every time we get one.

I took a four mile walk on Wednesday. Today's appointment went well. But not as well as I was hoping after that walk. No signs of a baby. My bishop score is a 9. So that means I can be induced. I will be induced on Tuesday the 15th if he doesn't come on his own. I feel pretty good about that decision. The doctor made it seem as if he could very well come on his own, but to be honest at this point I am not getting my hopes up at all.

Tuesday it is! Baby or Bust!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Well I have learned something. I've never even heard of a "bishop score." Good luck. I'm actually hoping something happens BEFORE Tuesday! As I'm sure you are!

Kunde Family said...

I'm sorry things haven't progressed like they should! I hope the baby changes its mind and starts trying to come out sooner than Tuesday!

Kat Curtis said...

Bah! I still can't believe he didn't get a-shakin' after a four mile walk! It's nice that you have a date to look forward to as the absolute birth date if it doesn't happen before. We'll keep keeping you in our prayers!