Thursday, January 10, 2013

Christmas

This Christmas we stayed in Idaho. I tried not to miss my family too much, but at the end of the day, you always miss your family over the holidays. On Christmas Eve we went to Jacob's parents house to celebrate. Of course Jacob and I got to bickering (I can't even remember what it was about) and to try and drop things I just kept apologizing profusely. Then he had to make one last comment. That's when I exploded. I practically screamed, "I SAID SORRY THREE TIMES!" I threw my arms out to the side and gave a little attitude neck roll thing like I was eighth grade... in front of EVERYONE. It was one of those times where everyone was talking and having a good time and then the noise suddenly stopped for a few minutes. I must have forgotten that I was not with my side of the family where everyone probably would have given me the attitude neck roll for the rest of the night. Talk about an awkward moment. But what's Christmas with out an outburst, right?

Christmas day, Jacob took on the male Larsen tradition of making Christmas Stir-About. (A cakey-corn bread like dish. Long story. Only men can make it and we only eat it on Christmas morning. You can eat it with butter and jam or honey. Jacob wanted proof of the Stir-About.
 It actually turned out delicious and then we got to the fun part, opening presents. Zach was pretty spoiled this year.  He got a bunch of clothes, trucks, a manga-doodle, a sword, a quiet book for church, bubbles and I can't think of everything else. Jacob's big gift was a sleeping bag and I got curtains, which I was pretty excited about. I must be growing up.

Here's our one picture on Christmas morning. Zach with his sword and bubbles.
We went to a live nativity with a camel. I was clearly way more excited for the camel than Zach.
And that was our Christmas. Next Christmas is already in the works with a trip to San Diego!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I am so sorry to have missed the neck roll!