Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Trip to Park City

We're going to rewind even more past Zach's birthday to our short trip to Park City. Sometimes my dad has a free week to use at Marriott somewhere. When he can't use them he offers the week to us. We always go to Park City... Someday we'll live a little, but until then, Park City is our destination of choice.

We met my parents there and my mom and dad brought an excavator for Zach. It's been his machine of choice ever since.
We went to the Zoo in Salt Lake City. Zach loved seeing all the animals. These two lions were taking their role as queens of the zoo pretty seriously.
We took Zach on the train ride and he was so excited. He held his ticket the whole time. When we finally got on the train he acted pretty nervous about it, but I am sure he still had fun.
My parents left and we had a few more days to spend in Utah. We met up with my friend Annalise and her husband Ryan in Provo. They took us to dessert at a little cupcake place called the Sweet Tooth Fairy. It was hands down the best cup cake I've ever had. All cupcakes will forever and always be compared to this cup cake. The shop owner even won Cupcake Wars! My sister in law said she remembered reading an article about The Sweet Tooth Fairy in BYU Magazine and sent me a link to the article which included her recipe! It wasn't as good as the real thing though. Guess I'll have to go back to Provo someday!

On our way out of town we tromped around Temple Square in Salt Lake and took our first family selfie! (Jacob and I recently welcomed ourselves to the 21st century and bought smart phones.) Sommer's cheeks kill me! Poor girl.

And that is all of Utah until my dad's next free week!

No comments: