Monday, August 10, 2009

California

This week Jacob and I went to California to visit my family and see my cousin Justin get married. The trip was NOT long enough! There were 100 more things I wanted to do. We took off on Tuesday night and stopped in Jackpot, NV, just south of Twin Falls, ID. That was a rough night. We were both tired and I was especially grouchy for whatever reason and it was really hot. The trip from there on out was fine. We stopped for gas in Wells, NV and some guy tried to hustle us into buying new tires. That is the second time someone has tried to get us to buy new tires and I said, thanks but no thanks sir. He stuck a screw driver in the tire! I was about ready to kick him in his head after that and decided never to stop at a gas station that sells tires again. Anyways, the trip was really smooth, but there was miles and miles of road work that slowed us down quite a bit.

When we got there my parents took us to Fentons. It is just not a trip home with out some Fentons.

On Thursday we drove to Santa Cruz. I got really excited about the Sea Horse painting. The beach was so windy that day and sand was blowing everywhere. In fact, it was so windy tons of sand got into our bag and broke the camera, so there were no more pictures for the rest of the day. My brother took the camera apart later that night and semi-fixed it. The camera will take pictures but you can't zoom and you have to take the batteries out to turn it off. Its probably time for a new one.

Friday morning we walked the Golden Gate. Jacob and never been over it before. We were a little wind blown. Friday night we went to a Giants game. I thought it was a great game but my dad said it had no rhythm. I was disappointed because both teams were all set up for a grand slam multiple times but it never happened. It's not everyday you see a grand slam. We all had a great time at the game though and the park proved that there isn't a bad seat in the house. We were in the last row at the very top and we all thought they were pretty good seats.
Saturday was the wedding. They sure aren't as exciting when they are not your own. (Thank you to everyone who was patient through the pictures and all the confusion in April.) The reception was in my grandparents backyard and it was really pretty! A perfect evening for an outdoor reception.

It was a great weekend and I miss my family and California very much. It's nice to wake up and actually BE somewhere. I try not to complain about Rexburg, but its a hard, bitter adjustment every time I come back. No sparkling beaches, no sky scrappers etched in the rolling fog, no family.

2 comments:

Kat Curtis said...

Man, you seriously have the strangest experiences. Did the guy actually puncture through your tire? That is crazy. I'll keep in mind to never stop at a station like that either!! I can't believe how gorgeous the stadium is where the Giants play - what a view! I'm glad you guys had fun and are home safely (with no screwdriver tires on the way back).

Kate Curtis said...

He didn't actually puncture the tire. There was a crack on the side of his tire and the guy stuck a screw driver in the crack. What a doofus. You can actually sue someone for doing that. But I am sure it is not worth the troble. I would have made him pay for the tire if he had made a whole in it.