Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Time for new shoes.

WARNING: Gross feet pictures.

I know anyone who has lived with me thinks that I have too many shoes. I wouldn't dare ask my dad for a pair of shoes. His response would be a hour long lecture about my how I have too many shoes. Then he would tell the next ten people he sees about all of my shoes. During my freshman year at BYU-I, my roommates gave me my own shoe tub by the front door so they wouldn't be all over the place. When Jacob and I got married he told me it was time to part with some of my shoes and he helped me go through them and dropped the discarded shoes off at D.I. He also said I could not buy another pair of shoes unless I got rid of one pair I already had. (I have broken this rule more than once.)

I do have one pair that I wear almost daily, shoes that I would never give away with out a replacement, and this pair actually does need to be replaced. My Nike running shoes. I have had these shoes since I was in high school. It must have been senior year when I got them and now I am starting my senior year of college. I wouldn't mind keeping my old running shoes but my feet are getting torn up. I have tried different socks, band aids, tape, you name it, to see if my feet would feel better. Well, here are my pictures taken after I got back from the gym last night, and this is after a shower and lots of lotion. Lucky for you these pictures are a bit blurry.
This is my left foot. There is a big blister turned into a callus all the way up from pad under my big foot to the middle of my big toe. There is also a little blister forming half way up the big toe. Under my second toe, there is a blister that broke. (Its a little hard to see. Its easier to see in the second picture. It looks like a big white bump.) There is usually one there that comes and goes, and if you want to know something gross, I can always feel the loose dead skin flapping around when I go swimming. If I go swimming at a lake or a beach, sand gets stuck in there and I can feel the sand squish from one side to another when I walk for the next day or two.

This is my right foot. My right foot has always been better off than my left. That is a freshly popped blister on the side of my toe and a few calluses and healing blisters. Jacob's mom, Cheryl asked me if I wanted a foot rub one time when I had a bad migraine during one of our visits. I actually would have liked a foot rub, but told her no thank you. Would you want to touch these?

In all seriousness it does hurt to walk for the rest of the night after my gym trip, so I put all the weight on the outside of my feet which doesn't feel good on the ankles. So, its official. I am going to purchase new running shoes after I start my job again in September. That may mean Jacob and I will only eat oatmeal and bananas for a while, but I'd rather sacrifice almost anything than my feet. I need them for a while. I'm only 21!

1 comment:

Jon said...

You need, my dear, a stronger warning. Those pix of your feet are at least XXX rated for their gross qualities. Go buy new shoes, or bike ride and swim (in a pool with lots of chlorine so as that junk on your feet doesn't kill anyone) until you get new shoes.