Thursday, September 3, 2009

The Destroyer

One Sunday morning a couple of months back, I noticed a hornet buzzing around our living room. Let me just say... I hate bugs. So while I yelled at the bug to get out Jacob killed it. The next Saturday Jacob was at work and there was another hornet perched on the window. I smashed it with a DVD player box and ran out outside to the car. Thankfully, there were a lot of errands to run that day.

Where were all these hornets coming from?? Well, I got brave enough to go outside and look. There were HUGE hornets nests built into the top of our windows. So, being brave, I bought some hornet spray and went crazy. I used a whole can on one nest. Those hornets didn't stand a chance.

Later that night Jacob took off the window screens and knocked the nests out. All those hornets were definitely dead after went to town spraying the nests. These are all the hornet nests he knocked down.
Now these silly hornets are coming back again. Jacob doesn't believe me when I tell him that you have to spray the area every couple of weeks to keep them from coming back. It would be nice if maybe someone else could try to convince him, because these hornets are definitely trying to rebuild their home in our window again.

1 comment:

Jon said...

Your grandmother Trulin has the same problem. A few weeks ago, she went down to the basement, and found a nest of hornets. She called a bug guy to come out and kill the hornets. When I talked to your mom this morning, she said that she and your grandmother were running off the store to buy Black Flag because they found that the hornets were returning to the basement. So, yeah, you need to spray every couple of weeks to keep the bugs away.