Monday, September 14, 2009

No Pack, No Sack, Big Lunch Mondays!

The new semester is off to a running start! I am enjoying school a lot more than last semester. Last semester was awful. This will mostly be for my parents because I don't like to talk about school on the weekends when we talk, but its Monday now, so I suppose I can take some time to fill them in.

Today, Jacob was so kind. He packed me a lunch and dropped it off at my work this morning before I started classes. My first class this morning was nutrition. Well, turns out, every Monday when we are in the lab, the class will end with a big buffet of samples of nutritious food! Today we sampled different chicken, potatoes, and spinach recipes. There was some food I definitely liked more than others, not to the fault of the students because we had recipes to follow. All this nutritious food must have done me some good, by the way, because I ran 5.5 miles today and I feel great.

The second class is Baking. Not so nutritious. My teacher is Neal Ricks. He's the one that taught the candy class. Next semester I'll be taking a pastry making class from Brother Ricks too. We like him. I'll be making french bread, cookies, donuts, pie, cake, you name it! I know what my dad is thinking, "Better run another lap." Well, I found out today that I could play for my bosses 4th - 5th football team that he coaches. And they do have a weight limit. He's ready to suit me up! I would be a bit tall though. Anyways, I am really looking forward to learning new skills this semester, especially on Monday.

2 comments:

Jon said...

You were wrong, sweetie. After looking at the pictures of the food, I would suggest that you run two more miles, not two more laps.

Sounds like a great semester.

Dad

Jenni said...

you got a new blog! I had no idea! girlfriend you sound so happy!!!! That makes me so happy for you. I wish we were still work neighbors. It's so sad :(. And you've always been a hot babe, I'm not suprised that you can run that far!

You go girl :)