Friday, September 11, 2009

Pillow Talk

Jacob and I have had some interesting conversations while he's asleep and some funny things to laugh about when we wake up. The first one happened right after we got married. Sometimes Jacob sleeps on his back with his hands behind his head and his elbows out to the side. He was moving into this position one night and he hit my nose pretty hard. It sent stinging tears to my eyes. (Not that I was actually going to cry. It just happened. You know the feeling?) Anyways, I woke him up and told him he hit my nose really hard. He said, "What?" and I told him again that he hit my nose really hard with his elbow. Once he figured out what he had done after a couple more explanations he wouldn't stop apologizing and petting my head. I now stay on my side of the bed with my nose facing away from him.

Conversation #2. Jacob never snores and thank goodness because I can't sleep with noise, unless I fall asleep watching TV. One night he must have had his head in a funny position because he started snoring, and it wasn't just a little snore, he could have woken up the people above and below us. I poked him and asked him to change positions so he would stop snoring. His response, "Oh... Hmm... Anything else?" I hope this wasn't some kind of Freudian slip while he was half asleep, but ever since then I have been careful not to sound too bossy. He claims he doesn't remember this.

Conversation #3. This one happened more recently. Before we went to bed Jacob was saying that he had a headache. In the middle of the night he starting poking me and telling me that he didn't want to get up yet because he felt "blah." I started looking around the room and out the window. It was still very dark out so I looked at my clock. I told him he had plenty of time to sleep because it was only 2:43 am. He asked me what in the world I was talking about and I had to tell him about our conversation. He said, "I don't remember any of this," like I was absolutely out of my mind and rolled over.

Needless to say, I like Jacob during the day a lot more than at night. But we always have a good laugh in the morning when I tell him what we talked about while he was asleep.

2 comments:

Kat Curtis said...

That is so funny. I think I'm the crazy one in our relationship. I tend to jump out of bed and start frantically looking for one of our children, or searching through the sheets and poking Jeremy to get him "off of the child", even though the kids are both asleep in their own beds. Thankfully that only really happens when I'm sleep deprived, so I should be good for another few months or so when we have the baby. Then it's back to delusions in the middle of the night - Yeah!! :)

Kate Curtis said...

that is so weird, but hilarious!