Sunday, September 13, 2009

A Whole New World!

Labor day weekend feels like a really long time ago and I haven't written about our adventures yet, so here we go. We got to Boise past mid-night as usual. On the way we talked about the ideas of nature vs. nurture, if people are inherently good or bad (kind of a Hobbes vs. Locke debate), and a a lot of other different philosophical ideas to prep me for my upcoming philosophy class and all the talking made the drive feel 1/2 as long.

On Saturday we went zip lining. Jacob and I had both never been before. The best zip line was 1700 feet long and it felt like you were flying! Everything was just whooshing by and all the trees blurred into one big green mass until you finally slowed down at the end. We had a lot of fun, but I don't think it was worth as much as they were asking for. Thankfully, we didn't have to because Jacob won this trip from Melaleuca. I can't find our camera stuff right now, so I will have to add pictures later. I thought the harness made my butt look big anyways. So here is a picture of a tree house, so the blog doesn't look so plain.That is quite the engineering accomplishment.

On Saturday night we watched the BYU game vs. Oklahoma. Now I am hooked on BYU football for the rest of the season. On Sunday we had a thanksgiving dinner with the Smith's. The only thing that was missing was the sauerkraut :). On Monday, we went shopping at the outlet mall. Remember the gross feet pictures? The Curtis' took pitty on me and bought me some new shoes. Cheryl had a great deal to a store at the outlet mall so she got a new pair too, and after all was said and done, it ended up being almost 2 shoes for the price of one! Thank you Harold and Cheryl. I have ran everyday this week and my feet have never felt better! Its like having a new pair of feet and my blisters are slowly going away. Jacob got a new button down shirt from Eddie Bauer and I got a new skirt and sweater. I also got a new oven mit. We watched Forever Strong that night and took off early Tuesday morning. Jacob and I both had to go back to work that afternoon, but we both had a fabulous time, and a relaxing weekend.

2 comments:

Jon said...

Hobbes and Locke--and BYU football. You move away from me, and suddenly you become the person I always wanted to talk to.

Dad

Kat Curtis said...

Hooray for new shoes! I'm glad your feet don't have to suffer anymore. AND for a raise and a pen - good things for Kate all around. :)

I hope you guys have fun at the game today!