Monday, May 24, 2010

Bountiful Baskets

Another reason to love eastern Idaho. I had a friend tell me about Bountiful Baskets. You sign up online and play 15.00 for a basket full of produce and you can play an extra dollar for a loaf or bread. I finally remembered to sign up for it and sent Jacob on an errand to pick up our basket. We had so much stuff. A laundry basked filled half way up. 2 heads of romaine lettuce, tomatoes, 2 bags of baby carrots, apples, zucchini, peaches, oranges, squash, bananas, avacado and the list goes on. Here is a picture. All of this for 15.0o!! I was getting my hair done while Jacob was picking up our produce and the lady that was doing it gets bountiful baskets too and says if you do some price comparisons with the grocery store that you would spend about $50.00 dollars instead of 15.00. Maybe 50 dollars is a stretch, but its still a good deal if you ask me.

The problem is, I don't know what to do with all this food! That is way more than Jacob and I can eat before it goes bad. The only thing I know how to do is take something perfectly healthy and turn it into sugary junk food. Like peach cobbler and apple crisp or zuchini brownies or zuchini bread. Either way, I am very excited for our Bountiful Baskets. I had an orange today and it was the best orange I have had in a long time.

2 comments:

Jon said...

And how did your hair turn out?

Kate Curtis said...

I like my hair A LOT. I could not have asked for anything better.