Sunday, March 13, 2011

An Update from Arizona

Clearly, it has been a while since I have blogged. We don’t have internet in our apartment which makes it hard to take the time to blog when I am trying to quickly check emails, facebook and what not when I get on the computer.

So, anyways, here is what we have been up to.

I found a cross dresser. A tall, muscular, blonde. For a split second I felt somewhat at home in the bay area, in a BART station a little too late at night. Then I remembered that I was at the library in Gilbert on a Tuesday afternoon and felt very uncomfortable.

My brother came to visit us last weekend and we went to a spring training baseball game. A’s vs. Giants. We found a favorite game vendor. This guy blew through the lemonade he was selling. How do you not buy lemonade from this guy? You'll have to watch sideways.

We also went to the batting cages. Jacobs plans to be a designated hitter for the A’s someday.

On Sunday we decided to walk around a gold mining ghost town, which is not at all a ghost town, but a tourist trap. Either way it made for a good afternoon walk.

Next weekend we will be celebrating my 23rd birthday!! Do you know how old that sounds to me? 22 wasn’t so bad, but I have a feeling that I am not going to enjoy getting older from here on out.

2 comments:

Jessica :) said...

Oh, it's fun to see an update from you. Love the pics of the ghost town!

Kat Curtis said...

HAHAHAHA!! I love the cross-dresser comment. It's funny how some things fit in some places, and some don't. I have been neglecting blogs for too long - I loved getting the update on you and Jacob, and the bun. I hope you all are doing well and enjoying some processed foods and fro yo! :)