Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Jacob Gets a Snuggie and Has a Birthday

Jacobs work gave him a Snuggie. I don’t like it because it doesn’t share. But he likes to pretend that he is in a choir.

Yesterday Jacob turned 26 years old. As his brother Jeremy pointed out he is now closer to 50 than he is to 0.

His day started with a surprise in the shower. Jeremy sent him a magazine that they have been passing back and forth since they were kids and it’s always a surprise when and where it will show up next.He stayed home from work and pretty much relaxed all day.

We ate birthday cake and ice cream for dinner. He insisted on the sprinkles.

I made him a quilt for his birthday more like he told me I could make him one just so I could have something to do for a while (and got him Inception so I didn't feel so lame). I was having fun at first, but I didn’t finish it without drop kicking it against the wall a few times.

I was thinking about writing 26 things I love about Jacob to ring in his 26th year (blog style) but I decided that might be a little cheesy and 26 is a long list. So I picked 1 non-cheesy thing:

I love that he quotes Happy Gilmore while he is playing Chess.


But instead of “Clown” its “Queen” or “Rook.”

I love Jacob very much and I am so glad he is part of my life.

3 comments:

Valerie said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog. You guys are so funny! Love the snuggie! Ben and the kids all got snuggies for X-mas and I think they are hilarious looking.

Jeremy Curtis said...

Fun post! Thanks for the b-day surprise help for Jacob. That snuggie is hilarious... looks like a big blue monster. I keep telling Kat we need snuggies, but she doesn't seem to be a fan. Great job on the quilt Kate!

Kat Curtis said...

HAHAHA! I am so with you with drop-kicking projects. :) Happy birthday Jacob! Thanks for helping with the monkey magazine - I'm glad it made it there safely. That snuggie is hilarious too, but I'm afraid they'd make me feel claustrophobic....