Sunday, January 9, 2011

This is my 100th Post!

We are finally settled in Arizona. We are liking our new apartment complex except on the second day that we were here, we saw three cop cars, a forensic detective crime scene van and the medical examiner van. But we still don't know exactly what happened. Other than that, we are in paradise!

We packed whatever we could fit in the car and the rest went into our storage unit. Thank heavens we went for the 5x10 unit. You never realize how much stuff you have until you have to pack it all up in one small space. The storage unit is COMPLETELY filled. The guys helping us move had to turn our furniture into a jigsaw puzzle to make it all fit.

The trip south went really well. We were definitely ready to be here though because our car was just as full as our storage unit. I had two pillows on my lap, two smaller bags around my feet, snacks and candy and a lap top between myself and the door. Oh, and orange flowers. I also had a halo of dirty laundry above my head. It made for a long drive.

Jacob is really enjoying is internship so far, he tells me what does everyday, but I really don't know how to explain it all myself. In the next few weeks he will be shadowing a loan officer though. All I know besides that is that he likes it and that is all that matters to me.

As for me... I have decided to become more serious about getting a job here. I made an apron this week. It was my first time behind a sewing machine with out adult supervision and surprisingly didn't mess anything up too badly. But I did make a list of what I would do differently next time. But even after the apron making, keeping the house clean, cooking and unpacking, I was still board and looking for ways to kill time. So, next week a real job search begins. Wish me luck.

I would put up pictures of our apartment, but its so empty it echos, so there is really nothing to look at. Maybe after we hit a few garage sales today we will have more stuff.

2 comments:

Amy McFarlane said...

Kate! we really miss you guys! i'm glad you are liking arizona though. we can't wait to see you in a few months!

Kat Curtis said...

Garage sales make me happy - I love post-depreciated consumer goods. :) Good luck with the job hunt!