Tuesday, June 14, 2011

BOY!!

Today was the big day! We had our ultrasound! Our baby was being very uncooperative and not showing off for us. Being uncooperative is very much an inherited trait, but I don't know why he wasn't showing off.

We had two ultra sound techs and both said that its for sure a boy. I am excited for Jacob to have someone to take to action movies, camping and doing all sorts of rough housing with. We've only been married two years, but I've paid my dues. Time for a boy to take over for the next 18 years! WOOHOO!

The doctor said everything looked perfect with the baby. He is 9 ounces which is in the 42nd percentile for weight. A little bit small, but nothing to worry about. He is measuring right on his due date as well. Go Bronco!

We have no names picked out so we are open to any and all reasonable suggestions! You've probably already seen the pictures on my facebook, but here are a couple to decorate the blog with.

4 comments:

Tammy said...

Congrats... Jeff is jealous and slightly bitter... he says, "Everyone but me..." but we are excited that the baby to play baby Jesus in our nativity this Christmas will actually be a baby boy! TEE HEE HEE... can't wait to meet little Jimmer! (That was for Jacob)

Jessica :) said...

CongratulTions!! That will be so fun for you guys. I think boys can be a blast {I know I have a girl . . . which is fun . . . but boys are a lot of fun, too}. It seems like all the babies I'm hearing about lately are uncooperative. Maybe its a generational thing? Good luck with the rest of the pregnancy

jlarsen said...

This will be the first and only time in this child's life where he does not get up on the stage and display his talents. Wait, that did not come out right.

Jenni said...

KATEEEEE!!!! ahhhh I am soooo happy for you guys!! Oh my gosh this is so exciting and you guys are going to me seriously fantastic parents. I can't wait to hear all about Jacob and his father/son adventures and you too!! Congrats girl! One of my favorite boy names is Logan, but Michael won't let me use it :( so it's all yours!