Friday, November 29, 2013

The Upgrade

We upgraded Zachary to a big boy bed. He had learned how to crawl out of his crib so we built a fort around it but that wasn't going to last forever. I knew it was time but I was extremely nervous for the change. We thankfully received a hand me down bed from Jacob's sister. Its a bunk bed which is perfect because Zach likes to jump on beds, but he can't even stand up with out hitting his head so I have no worries about midnight jumping. We took his crib down and brought in the new bed on Monday. He was so excited about it! He kept saying, "Mine?! Mine!!" This is the one thing I told him it was okay to claim as his. This is his first night on the new bed. And yes, we do give him blankets. Jacob bought him cute blue and white rugby striped sheets the next day.
I prepared myself for Zach crawling out of bed for hours before he gave up and went to sleep. I found a good book to hunker down with at the bottom of the stairs and waited for Zach to come crawling down. Thankfully I was so wrong. It was just like laying him down in his crib. He hasn't tried to get out of bed yet, but I'm still knocking on wood everyday and probably will for a long time. I think he's more comfortable now that he can move all over with out getting his feet stuck in between crib slats or having his head pushed up in the corner. I am so relieved that this change has been going well so far and I am very thankful for my happy little boy.

No comments: