Monday, January 11, 2010

The Move (Christmas Break part 3)

Jacob and I made a last minute decision to move when we heard that our friends Tim and Amy were moving out of their apartment, leaving their perfect location vacant to us. We sold our contract over a weekend and signed a new contract on that next Monday. This place is much cheaper and a block away from school and a block from the grocery store and Jacobs work. We've filled up the gas tank over a week ago and we haven't even used an 1/8th of a tank yet. The living room is very small and it needs a paint job, but other than that, we love our big apartment. And doing a move by myself is something that I never want to do. I am thankful to Tim and his friend Trent who really helped us out a lot by loading up the big stuff for me. They were troopers. Jacob wished he could have helped more, but work wouldn't let him get off for the day. For anyone interested, here is a picture of our living room and kitchen. We are thankfully going to get a new refrigerator sooner or later. That one is obviously old and it sounds like its trying to jump start itself sometimes. It will make a very loud tapping noise and eventually turn on. That big gray thing is an old heater that doesn't work anymore. I am think I'll paint that white sometime. Here is our tiny living room. Even though it is small, I love it. The carpets are so soft and I love the built in shelves. We need to finish decorating the top, but we will have to wait on that until Jacob and I have some time to go shopping.

2 comments:

Alissa Tyler Goates said...

Wow your kitchen is huge with lots of cabinets :) Your new apartment looks great and now maybe you won't have to hear your loud neighbors! Make sure you post what you're up to in your culinary classes, I want to see!

mhartley said...

the cabinets are so cute!