Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The Sleigh Ride (Christmas Break part 1)

To kick off Christmas Jacob treated us to a sleigh ride and dinner at the Mountain River Ranch in Ririe. More like Melaleuca treated us. We drove about 20 minutes away to the ranch. There was a mini town set up that was all decorated in lights. It kind of reminded me of a country style mad-hatter birthday cake if that makes any sense at all. We were greeted by a cup of the most delicious apple cider I have ever had. I drank 4 cups and had to go to the bathroom 5 times before dinner even started.

We were loaded on to the back of the sleigh that was pulled by two of the biggest horses I have ever seen. Their rears were over my head and even Jacobs head for that matter! I'd hate to get caught under one of these things.
The horses took us through the ranch which was decorated in lights. Then the hosts brought on the food. I had the biggest slab of prime rib I have ever seen.
Needless to say I did not finish it. It was kind of tasteless and very fatty. We both decided that Jacob's moms prime rib was much better. Go Cheryl!

After dinner a band called the "Not Brothers" sang some Christmas songs. They were a little cheesy but nevertheless it was a great way to kick off Christmas. And to make it even better, we took off to California the next morning.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

looks like fun!
SO I hear your in 350! how fun for you!? haha Enjoy! Hopefully I will see you around!