Monday, January 25, 2010

Happy Birthday to Jacob

Jacob turns 25 today! 25 on the 25th. The one and only golden birthday! We did most of our celebrating yesterday, but I am a believer that there has to be a little celebrating on your real birthday no matter how busy the day is.

Yesterday, we slept in and I made Jacob waffles and an omelet. After breakfast I gave him his first present. The better one of the presents. I had made the decision that if our cleaning deposit was returned by Jacob's birthday, I would buy him an iPod nano. On Friday, the deposit came in the mail! So I bought one on Saturday. Those things have way more features than I even realized. I knew he liked to listen to music when he does homework or when he goes to the gym. But there are games, a pedometer, a video camera and all sorts of cool stuff. I also got him Terminator Salvation which we started watching later that night.

Jacob had a great start to his real birthday day. His only class was canceled giving him some extra time to study. We ate cake at lunch time and opened cards from his parents and my parents. I made a cake in my cake decorating class and decided that it would work great for a birthday cake too. I loved the little animals my teacher gave out to put on the cake. (she accidentally hit the corner of the cake when she was grading it. there's a big dent.)

I would just like to say how proud I am of Jacob and take a moment to brag on him. He works harder than anyone I know. Its hard to keep up sometimes, but I rarely hear a complaint. He's up at night until little chicken feathers start forming and his eyes get red. I don't know how he does it. One thing is for sure, if things don't work out in the future, heaven knows it is not because he didn't try his best.

I love my Jacob very much.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

what a fancy little cake you made! very cute!