Sunday, July 25, 2010

Schools Out Forever!

I am DONE! No more school!

This weekend we had both sets of parents in town along with my grandparents and brother to celebrate my graduation. I am glad that they all came to show support.

We actually had graduation on a Friday which made things a little difficult seeing as I had to work all day. Both bosses were getting ready for an extended family reunion. Bosses trump secretaries. Always. Thankfully, the only other person that can run the office came back from a fence job half an hour early and told me to go home. So I went home stuffed myself with Jacobs left over lunch and got my cap and gown on. I had to line up at 5:30 even though graduation didn't start until 6:15. Everything I learned about graduation the first time in high school held true the second time in college. They are hot and you are going to sweat places you didn't know you could sweat, you're going to get hat hair, and it'll feel good. I seriously think those robes were made for Eskimos. Not to be worn in the hot afternoon sun.

So after sitting and listening to speeches for I don't even know how long , I finally got to walk across the stage.A very short but momentous walk for four years of a lot of work.