Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Battle Wounds

There are really gross pictures of my toe at the bottom. I will try to type enough so you can choose to scroll down and look at the pictures or not.

Getting ready for the half marathon has been going good so far except for my toe. My toe just keeps getting worse and worse but I don't want to stop running because we're far too far into training and too close to the race to have a set back for a silly toe! So, on the right side of my big toe, a huge blister has developed, and I mean huge. Yesterday I put a blister band aide on it and ran ten miles. I didn't feel a thing until the last block and it started stinging a little. But when I got home and took off my shoes I could tell through my socks that things had gone very badly with my toe. The blister pretty much doubled in size while I was running and even started oozing all by itself and got all over my sock and made the band aide all slimy. Even Jacob was taken back when he saw it. So I have decided to do some biking for the next two days and try a run again on Thursday.

Other than my nasty toe, not much has been going on. We've enjoyed the break from school and our weekends are busy busy busy. This weekend we will join Jacob's parents in Island Park for a Curtis family reunion and the next weekend is the big run. After that we're going to do a last-weekend-of-summer trip to Jackson, WY again to take a hike and maybe a night of camping. I also want to go to the ice cream shop again that sold guns. They had some yummy ice cream.

Hopefully I have talked enough to have the pictures hidden now at the bottom. Maybe I've talked the blisters up enough so that when you see them, it wont seem so bad.





Peeling off the band aide

No comments: