Monday, August 30, 2010

Jacob Did The Laundry

Sometimes we have a hard time finding time to go to the laundry mat. We try to go together because it takes a lot longer to go alone. About a month ago Jacob went alone and this was actually his first time all by himself that I can remember. So I was a little nervous that my whites would come out discolored with splotches of pink.

I usually try to keep my whites looking bright with a scoop of Oxygen Powder, the off brand of Oxy Clean and I usually keep the tub of soap and Oxygen Powder in the laundry basket so I don't have to gather them up when it comes time to go to Magic Suds.

So Jacob was off into the laundry abyss armed with quarters, soap and Oxygen Powder. When he came back, nothing was discolored or ruined and the whites looked amazingly bright. I thought he did a great job. The next time I did the laundry by myself and I didn't find the Oxygen Powder anywhere in our baskets, but I didn't think much of it. That is until last night when we did the laundry again.

We were sitting and talking and I was people watching as usual at the laundry mat. Some ones load had finished and I started to laugh because the guy had accidentally washed and plastic grocery bag. Jacob thought that was funny too, but he definitely topped the grocery bag. He admitted to washing the whole tub of Oxygen Powder on accident and nothing was in it when he found it in the washer after the cycle had finished. No wonder and I couldn't find the Oxygen Powder and no wonder our clothes were so white!

2 comments:

Kat Curtis said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! That is great! It's enough to make me want to try our OxyClean again - I thought it made spots in our clothes, but maybe I just need to buy the off brand. Ben's white socks look like some little boy ran around in the dirt with them on. Can't imagine why! :)

Ryan and Annalise said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH LOVE IT!