Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving Part 2 - Sacramento, San Francisco and Too Much Football

During our week back at home Jacob and I had a list far too long of things we wanted to see and do.

Jacob kept talking about all the pizza he has liked in California, so first things first. I took Jacob to Zachary's Pizza in Oakland.
I am never disappointed in Zachary's Pizza. I immediately get hunger pangs as soon as I start thinking about it. Its Chicago style pizza with the sauce on top and cheese and your choice of "toppings" in the middle. This place is ALWAYS packed.

For our second adventure we took a trip to Sacramento. We visited the temple, which is beautiful and very small with lots and grass and trees around it. Then we went to the outlet malls and spent a little too much money. We hadn't even visited all the stores before Jacob and I knew it was time to go home so we didn't cause any more damage.

On Wednesday we went to San Francisco. Jacob had never been to the down town area so we went there first. We walked around Union Square for a few minutes, but seeing as we had spent so much the day before we didn't spend too much time browsing around. We loved the heart with the golden gate bridge painted on it.Union square was getting ready for the Christmas Tree lighting and there were all sorts of kids running around on field trips to the ice skating rank, so we moved on and walked to North Beach to visit Little Italy and eat some lunch. We ate dessert first. A cannoli and cream puff! Then we found some delicious paninis and ate dessert again at a gelato shop where a chunk of one of my molars chipped off. Oh well.

Then we walked some more down to the piers and back to the BART station to take us back to our car. Lots and lots of walking.

Thanksgiving was all football and food. More like football, football, football, football, food, football football. By the end of the day I was ready to start banging my head on the T.V. I was so done with football.

Friday we avoided shopping and I went to help my Aunt Holly make eggs Benedict, which I had never had or made before, for a baby shower for my cousins wife. The food was really good and it was a fun, laid back baby shower. Then Jacob and I were treated by my parents to dinner and a Christmas show to kick the holidays off. And then more football.... and more football.

Jacob and I made a pact that I wouldn't go on facebook if he wouldn't bring up football. It didn't last long on either side.

Sunday morning we made the trip home. The roads were only really bad in one spot. Other wise it was smooth sailing. Now we are home and back to school and work. It was a great, very needed break. Thanks mom and dad for flying us home!!

No comments: