Friday, October 30, 2009

Hour Long Blonde Moment

Yesterday was the last day of mid-terms so I'm on the down hill slope for the rest of the semester. You could say I am pretty relaxed right now. So relaxed that my head just is not thinking at all anymore.

This morning when I woke up it was awfully bright considering my alarm hadn't gone off yet and I usually wake up in the dark. So after a few minutes I checked my cell phone to see what time it was. Sure enough it was 7:15 and my class started at 7:45. I could have sworn that I set my alarm last night, but apparently I did not. Needless to say I didn't make it on time. This was only a foreshadow for the rest of the morning.

The 7:45 class gets out at 9:45 and my next class is at 11:00. So I went to the library thinking, "Great! Two hours till my next class." Wrong. Very wrong. I did some homework and checked my emails, browsed the Internet, bought a granola bar because my stomach was rumbly, thought I'd walk to class early and read the school newspaper before class started. Well, I did end up there around 11:00. Usually there are always culinary students around waiting for class to start so there is always quite a bit of socializing going on. Well, no one was there! Go figure! Class had started! But me being me, knowing that class started at 11:00, just sat there thinking I got there earlier than I had thought. So I sprawled out on a soft bench, got my flipped through the newspaper and started doing a Sudoku puzzle. Well, I guess what would have been about 45 minutes later I started thinking to myself, I've been here a really long time. I must be earlier than I thought. But a few minutes after that people started walking out of my class room asking me why I wasn't in class. I was SO confused!! I sat there for an hour with no idea what time it was and no idea how much time had passed.

I left the building very embarrassed.

4 comments:

mhartley said...

oh no! that's so sad

Jon said...

Kate, Wake up!!! Kate...Kate?

Jeremy Curtis said...

Ha ha - I mean, I'm sorry. I would totally do something like that, that's why I can laugh. Well, at least you got a free and relaxing morning. :)

Jeremy Curtis said...

Speaking of BLONDE MOMENT - I was signed in under Jeremy's email. Ha! See, I told you I'd do something like that. :) (This is Kat, by the way. I'm sure you figured that out though.)