Wednesday, October 14, 2009

A Run in and Chocolate Chip Cookies

This evening I took my friend Annalise to the grocery store. When I was parking back at home in our parking lot I gave the fence that divides the property a good nudge. The fence is no longer standing straight up where it was hit and the car has nice scratches on the passenger side corner of the front bumper. I sheepishly told Jacob what happened when he came home from work and I made it sound really bad so when he saw the scratches he wouldn't think they were so bad. And it worked!

Thankfully Jacob is a good sport and just laughed it off. He was more concerned about getting spider guts off his shoe after he stepped on a hobo spider in the parking lot.

And while I fully support Jacob in his P90x workouts, I do think it would be easier to watch if Tony, the instructor, had a tan and the girl in the ab video needs longer shorts.

Now for the cookies! In my nutrition class we made low fat cookies and these are the best low fat cookies I have ever had. EVER. I personally can't tell the difference. I shared them with the other secretary at work and she asked for the recipe. So, if you ever get the urge to make cookies with out the guilt, make these ones. (Well maybe a little guilt, no matter how healthy you try to make a cookie, it still wont be all that great for you.) I promise they are amazing and stay soft for days! I cut the recipe in half. You'd have cookies for a year with the original recipe.

Cream Together:
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup apple sauce

Add:
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 cups flour
2 cups oatmeal
1 cup ground flax
6 ounces mini chocolate chips

Bake on an ungreased baking sheet for 9 minutes at 350 degrees.

2 comments:

Kat Curtis said...

I'll have to try the cookie recipe - but where do you get ground flax?

Kate Curtis said...

You can get ground flax from the grocery store. I got mine from Albertsons in the gluten free section. Its a really small section. And its about $4.00 for a small thing of it, but I think its totally worth it.