Sunday, December 19, 2010

Clean Up Surprises and A Christmas Gift

Jacob and I like bananas. They are cheap, there is no cutting involved, no juice squirting on your face or making your hands sticky, and they go great in smoothies. Sometimes I buy more than we can eat before they go brown so we throw them in the freezer and save them for banana bread.

Now that we are migrating south for the winter we are trying to eat what is in your refrigerator and freezer instead of buying more food.

Well, I guess we hadn't made banana bread in a while... or gone through our freezer.We found 19 bananas! Thats a lot of banana bread. We did throw away the questionable very black, bumpy bananas. Jacob peeled and mashed the rest of them and I measured the mashed bananas in to baggies. We had enough to make 10 loaves of banana bread! Our freezer definitely has much more room now.

Last week we went to Jacob's work party. Every year they give away a gift to every employee. In the past, Jacob has received a drill and a suitcase. This year they gave away track suits....My little asparagus, Jacob.

If you think Jacob looks funny, imagine men running around in circles and doing stretches on stage to model the track suits.

They make really great pajama pants, so thanks Melaleuca.

2 comments:

Megan said...

I'm jealous you got Jacob to wear the track suit and take a picture with it on. I have to work for it if I want him to try the whole thing on, and pose for the camera, and by work he wants a 30 minute back massage....

Megan said...

"him" meaning Justin of course. :)