Monday, December 13, 2010

If you need us....

We'll be in Arizona!

We are escaping Rexburg for the winter and taking off. Jacob landed an internship at a place called Waterstone Mortgage in Gilbert Arizona, just outside of Phoenix. He had a first interview that he felt pretty good about and he said he felt relaxed during the interview. On Friday he got a call saying they were going to interview him a second time and they were accepting two people and interviewing four. So today the guy he interviewed with called again and said that a second interview wouldn't be necessary. Jacob's heart dropped for a second, but only a second, because they offered him the internship!!

We are so thrilled. I for one am ready for a new adventure. I have only been to the Phoenix area once with my friends when we were teenagers... supervised. All I know is there is swimming pools galore and that will make for one happy, happy, hopefully soon to be TAN (and well sun-screened), blond. And this may sound weird, but I really really like the cactus plant. Jacob and I plan to cut one open and find the water.

Jacob is excited for our new adventure too. He is excited to learn what he can about loans, mortgages and what not and for the change of scenery.

Now all we have to do is find somewhere to live and we're outta here. Easier said than done.

7 comments:

Jessica :) said...

Sounds like so much fun! I hope Jake has a good time learning about loans and mortgages - and I hope you both enjoy the change of scenery! Have fun in the warm weather and good luck cutting open that cactus! :)

Dawna & Justin said...

hahahaha I love your random comment about cutting open the cactus plant. You make me laugh! Arizona will be so fun... especially to skip the horrible winter months of Idaho...jealous!

mhartley said...

That's so exciting! I'm jealous you get to be in the warm sun! Good luck finding a place!

The Pixton Family said...

My sister lives in Gilbert- nice area. congrats!

Tammy said...

That is exciting...yeah for Jacob!

Megan said...

That's so exciting!! I'm sure you're way happy to be getting out of the frozen tundra! Almost a good as California! :)

Jenni said...

KATE MY DEAR!! CONGRATS! That is so awesome! Oh man, winter in Arizona is like a dream come true! Especially when leaving all that show. What a victory! Sounds like everything is going so well for you guys and that makes me so happy. You look as beautiful as ever and I miss you!!