Sunday, December 5, 2010

Pie and Ice Cream

This weekend I tried my hand at making my grandmother, Sharyn's ice cream. I have never made it before, and I even impressed myself with my final product! It starts with a stirred custard, "creme anglaise" if you want fancy about it. It does taste more like a custard when it is all done too. When I was little I couldn't figure out if I liked it or not, but now I love it. And the guinea pig Jacob liked it too! I was really worried he wouldn't.

We got out or fun ice cream dishes and put some famous Fenton's caramel on top.


















Since I was having good kitchen luck this weekend, I decided to make pumpkin pie today. It wasn't my mom's tried and true recipe. I found it in my baking text book. But I think I should have gone with my mom's pumpkin pie. It was good, just doesn't beat my mom's. Go Mom! We ate it warm with left over ice cream!It was a yummy Sunday dessert. And if you are in the Rexburg area and have a sweet tooth, please invite yourself over. Jacob and I can't eat all this dessert by ourselves.

No comments: